Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Yes We Can, Cohort 8!

Hello sports fans. No one has posted here yet and so I thought I would be the first. Some quick news. I have decided on a medical school. We will be going to the University of Rochester. I just got confirmation that we got the townhouse that we wanted and we will be moving at the end of August. More on that decision to come. Tomorrow I'm going to give a presentation on social capital at UPHA. It will be nice to be done with this and focus more on the research associated with my fieldwork. MaryAnne and I really need to blog about our trip to England (which was incredible!), and we will soon. I will need to tell you guys the stories about the Preston temple and my civies, as well as punting in the Indians. While in England, one of my favorite things to see as we were driving on country roads were the political signs. As many of you know, the UK had its elections last week. Here was a sign which made me realize that I was not in the United States.



Love it.

2 comments:

  1. congrats on the med school decision! that's awesome. good luck presenting, and i'm looking forward to hearing more about... everything. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a hilarious sign! I was just wondering about you yesterday--glad to hear you've made a decision and things are working out. That must feel awesome. I would like to hear more about your England trip.

    ReplyDelete